Help with Printer Sharing

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question. If it is not, can you let me know where to post such a question? Thanks again.

I have an HP P2035 lasterjet printer hooked up to my USB port on my IMAC we just purchased. The OS is Lepard that we have on the machine. The printer works just fine on the Mac. I have 5 other PC's that are in the office that I am trying to network to this printer. I have printer sharing selected in the Mac and have this specific printer selected to share. I go through the add a printer option on the PC and it loads the printer and driver no problem. In my Windows screen, instead of saying "ready" it says, "access denied, unable to connect" Am i missing something on the MAC to share this printer that would make it so access is denied? Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Heeeelllllp!

I am having the same exact problem. We have a Mac G4 running Leopard and 4 PCs running XP. There is a Canon i850 attached via USB to the G4 and from the G4 it works flawlessly. But from every XP machine, with the latest Canon drivers installed, it shows "access denied, unable to connect". My temporary solution to this is to try and do it the other way around, share the printer from one of the PCs. But this isn't a solution, just a workaround. I would certainly like to know for sure what the exact problem is.

Reaction score
I'm having this problem as well... would love to know if there's a fix out there??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.