OK, how to work properly my new nano

Reaction score
Ok guys, i finally got sorted my library with album covers and such, now when I finally transfered my library to my ipod some of the albums (about 30%) are not showing the album artwork although they are there on my MBP. Can someone please tell me how I can sort this.

And secondly is there a way to "turn on" the genius or such as when I hold down the centre button it does not have the genius option?

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Something you can try would be to locate all of your album artwork and drag that right into your nano while you hooked into itunes. Just overwrite the ones you already have and it should take care of the ones that missed on the first import( although that is odd that they didnt transfer.

Totally a guess here but it could be that the pics for those said albums are a diff file format then ipods recognize?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can you explain to me how to do it manually then? I must be doing something wrong as every single album art that I obtained on the internet (not automatically through iTunes) has not gone onto my iPod. Any ideas why this could be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Adding artwork to your library may not automatically update the artwork on your ipod. Delete a song in question from the ipod. Then add it again using the version w/ artwork from your library. See if the artwork transfers with it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Managed to get it working, I had to assign the album art to every track to get it appearing on CF or for each song, quite annoying that you have to do each track individually. Or is there an easier way in iTunes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.