Problems with Fonts - Office Apps (MS, OpenOffice, Neo)

Reaction score
Question,

I m a noob to Mac and am having issues with fonts with MS Office, and other office suites.

MS Office (2008) does not recognize all the fonts that I have installed in fontbook. In fact there is a section that lists the fonts it does. Openoffice and Neooffice however recognize anything I have installed. Is there any way to make MS Office recognize these fonts ?

Secondly, and actually more importantly, when I load any of these office suites it takes forever to load because I have like 3000 fonts - is there a simple way to get rid of fonts that I wont use ? I am guessing that it has to check all the fonts because none thse apps ran slow when I had fewer fonts. (Never had this issue on a PC ): ).

Please help - it's REALLY appreciated - it the only issue I have had with my switch to Mac- which I am overwhelming otherwise happy with.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.