Is there a internet sharing program for the iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
I was just wondering if there was a internet sharing program that would allow your computer to use the phones internet access? My previous smartphone did this and it came in real handy sometimes. Is there a way to do this with the iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There was for a brief time but Apple pulled the application. Fortunately, if you jailbreak your phone, there are several tethering applications available.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Jailbreaking" the phone voids the warranty though does it not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If they find out ;P

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok cool. Does anyone know if they are actually secure?
I was researching alternative methods to get copy and paste on the iphone. But upon further research i found that most of these use network space which is the most hackable thing in the world. I was hearing of cases where other people would be getting completely random mail addresses and numbers on their phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I was just wondering if there was a internet sharing program that would allow your computer to use the phones internet access? My previous smartphone did this and it came in real handy sometimes. Is there a way to do this with the iphone?

Jailbreak first. I use pdaNET as my application of choice. Easiest to use and setup.

They give you a 14 day trial, after that only the HTTP protocol (port 80) will work, everything else is disabled unless you pay the registration fee of $29. I did, it was totally worth it.

But most people can get by on just browsing the web only, they won't cripple that after the 14 day trial. I decided to register because I have the need to VPN and use remote desktop on the laptop.

Reaction score
I was wondering, how do we buy software if we jailbreak our iphone.
I mean, do we need to search the entire internet just for more compitable software for jailbreak iphone? Is there anything like itunes can provide us the program that we can easily download and install to our iphone?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I was wondering, how do we buy software if we jailbreak our iphone.
I mean, do we need to search the entire internet just for more compitable software for jailbreak iphone? Is there anything like itunes can provide us the program that we can easily download and install to our iphone?

When you jailbreak the phone it also installs a cydia app store

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.