iBook or Powerbook

Reaction score
Im new to the board and am currently running a Powerbook Ti 1GHz machine with an external monitor as my LCD has gone out. I have tried to fix it several times including swapping the screen out for another Ti LCD and it does not look like I will be able to fix it. I am tired of dealing with it and want a completely working laptop. The machine works fine and it looks like iFixit.com is offering me $250 for it. If I take the deal, my question is whether I should get a refurbished 14" 1.33GHz ibook or an aluminum powerbook. It seems that the powerbooks also have screen issues that I am aware of, maybe there are more issues. Please give suggestions as to which you prefer reliability-wise. I do not need this machine for much more than internet, music, IM and occasional Photoshopping, but it does need to be reliable. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.