• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Att or Tmobile

JRV

Reaction score
I'm currently with ATT Wireless and have to say I am very happy with the service. However, I'm at the point now where I can switch companies and not be penalized because my contract expired. I'd resign with ATT but their phones kind of suck, in my opinions. Tmobile is really catching my eye. They have some nice phones all being offered for free. I was just wondering if anyone uses Tmobile and if they are any good? I'm most concerned with coverage, call quality.

Any opinions on Tmobile would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Well I can say that I just switched back to AT&T for the iPhone from T-mobile. And in my area at least T-mobile dominates in coverage... Never had a dropped call with T-mobile (had them for ~3 years), but in the 5 months that I have had AT&T I've dropped at least 6 calls, not including times when I call someone and they don't hear my voice.. Also their customer service is much, much better than AT&T's.

If you are happy with coverage then it all depends on the phones basically... Also with the cost of the type of plan that you need...

T-mobile, like most cell companies have maps of their strength of coverage on a map, it's on their website somewhere, shows you your house and everything..

Side note: if you are looking to get a smart phone, hence needing 3G, then you would be much better off with AT&T, T-mobiles coverage in that field is really lacking... and AT&T has really stepped up coverage in the past couple of months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I always thought ATT had the advantage with the wide feature of phones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.