Windows users, im crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

)(*

i brought my mac to school to take my notes.

while i was efficiently taking my notes, i got bashed the **** out of.

"hey what is that? oh it has an apple on it, it must suck"

i broke down crying

OP
I

IcedOutQMutha

Tell them they're obviously complete idiots and to keep using their inferior machines for their inferior minds. Don't let em bring ya down!

OP
C

code777

don't worry, while you're surfin the net with ease with your ibook/pwrbook as thin and lightweight as they are, those other windoze users with their bricks will be crying about all pop-ups, spyware, trojans, and viruses infecting their hi-jacked 'puters.

Reaction score
People who say crap like that obviously don't know what they are talking about. The people who talk the most crap are always the ones who know the least.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Ask them, where their laptop is and ask them what kind it is. Then insult the manufacturer of the computer, and laugh at them.

Reaction score
Just laugh at them, and get back to work. Getting down on their level won't help anything. Having your stupid comments ignored hurts more than anything.

OP
J

jessica

hahah what morons.
but seriously i would keep the little bit about you crying on the DL. :)

OP
D

Desolate One

Pay no mind to them. As was said before they obviously know nothing of computers.

OP
V

VictoryRose

i went through tht exact same thing, i was browsing around on the apple website one day and the kid next to me was like "who uses apple? hippies and dumbasses?"...come to find out, he is an apple user to, because of his networking peers has to keep it secret, i think it's stupid how people keep stuff like that secret. and as far as the comments go, most people are ignorant, talk to me a year ago and i was one of them, but now i see the error in my ways.

OP
C

cadsmn

I get grief almost daily from my co-workers about my PowerBook. Mostly I think they are just jealous. I have even tried to make my work XP desktop PC look link a Mac OS X. I get a lot of crap about that too. But I don't care. It might look like Mac OS X but it sure doesn't behave like it. We know the truth and have seen the light, oneday they will too.

OP
G

Gregg

I am in a training class right now at work and everyone has a black thinkpad and my lovely silver beauty is chugging along.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ppl that say apple suck,, say it cuz they dont know better...

OP
?

)(*

everyone, your comments have wiped my tears away. and i am grateful.

thankf you everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, G4 PowerMac, PowerMac 8600
Next time one of these posers opens their mouth, your resonse should be...

"Tis better to have everyone think you are a fool than start speaking and remove any and all doubt!"

Reaction score
Thanks god for the Apple Stores. I remember going into CompUSA to there little Mac area with very little software. When I went to by something, the cashier would look at me pitifully and say, "You know this if for a Mac?" When I said, "Yes, I know!" in a very irritated voice, they would shake there head like I was dying of cancer.

**** them all to ****!

OP
C

Cloudane

Next time you go into class, watch the moron open his brick and wait for Windows to load, then smile as you open your Mac and start typing.

I've only ever seen positive curiosity from co-workers. Except maybe 1 who's dead-set on picking the "mainstream" of everything - bad theory... if we all "go with the mainstream" then nothing will ever change!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Underbelly said:
Thanks god for the Apple Stores. I remember going into CompUSA to there little Mac area with very little software. When I went to by something, the cashier would look at me pitifully and say, "You know this if for a Mac?" When I said, "Yes, I know!" in a very irritated voice, they would shake there head like I was dying of cancer.

**** them all to ****!
I have had the same thing happen to me several times. I walk up to the counter to pay for my Mac software, (While wearing the Mac ballcap I always wear) and the cashier will inevitably point out the obvious and say "This is the Mac version, I can get you the Windoze version". Then they look at me like a deer caught in headlights when I reply "I know its the Mac version, the Windoze version won't run too well on my eMac or my PowerBook"

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Underbelly said:

**** them all to ****!

I walked up to the checkout at PC World with a PC Game, a Mac game and a PS 2 Game. The spotty dipstick put the PS 2 game through, then the PC game but when he got to the Mac game he said with a world weary sort of sigh "You do realise this won't work on Windoze don't you", I replied in an even wearier tone "Nothing in my house ever does". Boy did he look confused. ;)

Amen-Moses

OP
P

phatsew

Sometimes I will email my linux and winders friends some system requirements of random software to point out the ease that is the Macintosh.

Don't get me wrong, I like linux, but it's fun to point this out:

For example:

Linux
These are currently under review and should be used as a general
guideline.
Please note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your
distribution which have different requirements.

Linux kernel - 2.2.14 with the following libraries or packages
minimums:
o glibc 2.2.4
o gtk+ - 1.2.0 (1.2.5 or greater preferred)
o XFree86-3.3.6
o fontconfig (also known as xft)
o gtk+2.0

Windows
PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*

Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

CD-ROM or DVD drive

Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Mac

Mac OS X 10.2.x and later

OP
C

Cloudane

*snort*

Linux would greatly benefit from a Mac-like drag-and-drop installation procedure. Unless you're downloading something extremely popular from the neat urpmi-based installer of a mainstream distribution, and everyone wants to install something unusual sometimes, you get down to:

#rpm -i foo-2.1.4.rpm
foo requires bar >1.4!

#rpm -i bar1.4.1.rpm
bar requires:
gtk+2.4.7

#rpm -i gtk+2.4.7.rpm
gtk+ requires:
glibc4.4
bar <= 1.3.9

#fsck -i -t --reboot windoze

-- or --

#emerge foo
*redecorate the house*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.