dlink router

Reaction score
I have just installed a dlink-615 router to my macbook. I am able to receive Internet connection via cable from router, but when I try for my wireless network that I setup, I am unable to connect.

I also have full signal for my created network from the dlink configuration website.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
what error message do you get when you try to join the network?

OP
E
Reaction score
well I am connected to the network I suppose (full service signal from airport) but when I open a browser I get a page saying that the address was not found ( a typical page I get when I am not connected to the internet)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
You probably have security messed up. You need to setup WEP or WPA(better) security and match it on the Mac

OP
E
Reaction score
yeah, i set up a password for WEP security and I am able to still access full service signal when I enter in the password for the network.But still no internet connection:(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yeah, i set up a password for WEP security and I am able to still access full service signal when I enter in the password for the network.But still no internet connection:(

Turn off WEP and switch it to WPA. WEP is dead (it can be easily hacked in a matter of minutes) and can be troublesome to get working as there is no standard for key usage. I'd be willing to bet that it works fine with WPA, which is MUCH easier to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.