some help from gamers please.

Reaction score
hi, i have got final fantasy 8 as a file on my macbook. i want to play this on the macbook but without installing windows. the game is a pc game but was copied on to the harddrive so no cd is used as it is an old game. i have tried to use crossover games to get it running and allowed me to install it but nothing more. i tried to install it again and now have installed it twice once from the file and from the cd which neither can boot. so the question is

"how do i play pc games on my macbook? i also want to play resident evil 4 again. what software will be able to do this?"

am grateful for your help

phil

computer specs if it helps'

1.83ghz core duo 2
60gb harddrive
4gb ram
dvd player not burner

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but if Crossover doesn't work and you're not going to install Windows, you're not going to play any Windows games on your Mac.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
on a less technical note - FFVIII was eaily one of the weakest of the bunch, and definitely since VII. i would suggest just grabbing a cheap used ps1 or ps2 and a copy of FFIX - one of the best in the series imo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.