Icons missing?

Reaction score
My iTunes icon has been off from the dock for a about a week. It was gone one day when I started the mac up. I have to get it on from the recently used items list. That isn't so bad but now my MSN messenger is gone and it's not anywhere to be seen.

Any help? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
If you drag the icons off the dock they will be removed and you need to drag them back (from the Applications) to see them.

Maybe you incidentally did that? I know I did that in the first few days of having my Mac! Annoyed the crap out of me! lol!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I have done that myself a few times. It's like instead of just a click your finger what you are doing is giving it a little shove or push and the icon disappears. It's very sensitive. I can see it happening especially if you are in a rush to click an icon. :eek:

Reaction score
hard drive > applications

Make sure your programs you want are still there. If so, drag back onto the dock and you're set. If you notice future problems of the disappearing please let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.