Using the Airport as a print server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1 gig of RAM
My customer's airport has been reset with a WPA key which I setup and connected to an HP printer with a USB cable. If I try to print to it from the customer's Mac which has OS 10.4.x or 10.5.x ( will that make a difference? ) , will I use the IP of the airport as the IP for the printer?

The printer is wireless capable as is his Mac, do I even need the AirportExpress? If not, how would I set it up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
I'm thinking both approaches should work fine.
But what kind of wireless is the printer? Bluetooth? or just wireless. Just make sure your computer is configured to whichever way you want to access the printer.
I've got my printer connected by usb cable to an airport express which is encrypted and it works fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1 gig of RAM
Just wireless, it's an HP AIO 6100 series. I cannot figure out how to make the printer ( on the Mac ) take the IP of the airport. Let me step back as well. I cannot find where in the printer settings to give it any kind of IP address, not just the airport. I did it once and now can't find it. Any suggestions? Please pardon my ignorance.

I'm thinking both approaches should work fine.
But what kind of wireless is the printer? Bluetooth? or just wireless. Just make sure your computer is configured to whichever way you want to access the printer.
I've got my printer connected by usb cable to an airport express which is encrypted and it works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.