recent mac switch: what cell phones sync w/ entourage/mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook & iPod Touch
I'm a 4 month mac user and love it. Now i have to replace my cell phone (currently have Moto Q & it's ready for a funeral) and need one that works well with my mac. I want to be able to sync it with enrourage if possible. I use Verizon Wireless so the iPhone is not an option (unfortunately). Any referrals??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Blackberry works well, I'm on Verizon and use a Blackberry. I sync with my Macbook using the program Missing Sync.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook & iPod Touch
I've been pricing those- they seem reasonable. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Switch to AT&T?

Get $75 off the phone with live search
Get $25 off and get a friend $25 for referral.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook & iPod Touch
Can't change providers... got a great plan for what I require.

I'm just hoping the missing sync software works well with the new touch screen blackberry. New products tend to have hiccups and I am terrified of commitment.

Anyone tried the latest model of the Q?

Reaction score
My girlfriend is getting the new blackberry touchscreen, I believe its called the Storm. This is her new 'I want it' item. I am getting the MBP and the iPhone pretty much the same time. (my contract with Long-Lines is up in May and I'll be hittin' up the Mac around then as well)

I would be willing to bet the iPhone will be the best phone to have as far as syncing to a computer (i.e. a mac) and most others shouldn't be too problematic. However, I am NOT speaking from experience as of yet.

I assume Blackberry's will do well with transferring data between handset and computer, they are an advanced phone with a lot of support. Shouldn't be that hard to set up.

HTH

Logan

EDIT: why not just make a switch to AT&T? They aren't THAT unreasonable in the smartphone world. I currently have an HTC and go thru a company called Long-Lines and pay 70 bucks a month for anything you can name. Unlimited CALLING/TEXTING/INTERNET/etc. Then again, its a small-ish company (great service) that allows them to do that. I've looked at at&ts rates for the iPhone upgrade and theyre not outta the ballpark compared to any big-name out there. I dont call that much so 450 is fine for me, Ill get the data plan thingy for 30 bucks and texting for somewhere around 20 and totals monthly are 90 bucks. Eh. It is what it is.

Do you WANT the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would also add if your not locked into a current contract go I-Phone
If you liked the computer you will love the phone.

Reaction score
Easier said than done for some. I'm not "locked" in anywhere and am currently with T-Mobile. AT&T coverage sucks in Phoenix. I have a couple of friends with iPhones, and while they love the phone, they hate AT&T. Even a guy at the Apple store said he drops a lot of calls.

I currently have a Blackberry and wouldn't mind getting an iPhone. But it doesn't do much good if I keep dropping calls. Plus, AT&Ts plans are quite a bit more money than T-Mobile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I use Missing Sync w/ a Windows Mobile 6 phone and it works well for syncing calandars and contacts. I use Verizon's Wireless Sync for emails and it works well most of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm also a Verizon customer and also getting the BB Storm. Verizon's upgrade discounts make it a tough sell to switch plans, especially when you consider the service and coverage issues AT&T tend to have. AT&T gives you no discount on upgrading to an iPhone only access to the network.

With my upgrade discount and my corporate discount with Verizon, I can get a BB Storm for $129. Even with having to purchase Missing Sync it's still cheaper to get the Storm.

I too am happy with my Verizon service and really don't want to change providers just to get the iPhone.

Reaction score
I'm going to scan Craig's List and maybe pick up an iPhone and unlock it. At least I can then use it on T-Mobile. 3G isn't that big a deal for me. I use EDGE now with my Blackberry, and while it isn't blazing fast, it gets the job done.

Any flies in my ointment?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.