Installing new RAM in new MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
I bought my aluminum MacBook (2.4GHZ, backlight keyboard) a few weeks ago and am going to be setting up Vista with BootCamp and Fusion very soon. I'm afraid that Leopard will begin to run slow with the 2GB of RAM (really 1.75GB RAM since the 256MB video RAM is shared with the other system RAM), so I think I want to put in an extra 2GB stick so I'll have 3GB RAM (ok, really 2.75GB). I've heard of many problems with people installing RAM in the new MacBooks though, and I know I don't want to buy the RAM from Apple since I don't have much money to do so after spending $1500 on the MacBook plus the cost of Office, a case, Vista, and Fusion. I was looking at this stick of RAM:Newegg.com - iRam 2GB DDR3 1066 (PC8500) Memory For Apple MacBook Pro Model IR2GSO1066D3 - Mac Memory
Should this stick work? Will I have problems with my MacBook if I were to put this stick in? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
I checked, and it will work, but is iRam a good company to get RAM for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro
I've never dealt with those guys so maybe someone else on the forum has and can give you some feedback.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.