MacMini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Has anyone ordered their macmini and received it yet?? I have ordered one and have heard there are HUGE delays on the shipments (I'm in the UK). Also i was concerned about the 4200 RPM HDD, does this make a noticable difference in performance?
Thanks

O

ollywompus

alexmaccoll said:
Has anyone ordered their macmini and received it yet?? I have ordered one and have heard there are HUGE delays on the shipments (I'm in the UK). Also i was concerned about the 4200 RPM HDD, does this make a noticable difference in performance?
Thanks

i work for an apple reseller, and NO ONE has them yet... they are severely delayed on delivering their units, and as of current count, we have about 200 on backorder.... we all know how it is folks, the product is released, Apple can't fulfill right away... happens everytime.

there is no current fulfuillment date available from Apple or any of the larger distribution warehouses in N. America (Ingram Micro, Synnex, Tech Data if you're curious).

-matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I ordered direct from Apple a few days ago and have an estimated ship date of Feb. 23 :eek:neye: . I got the keyboard and mouse allready though. Thing is, there were a few in the local Target store, but since I wanted the built in wireless I decided to just wait for the one I ordered from Apple. I guess they underestimated the demand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
Mine says it should be shipping today (uk) along with the keyboard and mouse, just a bit annoyed that their wasnt any other type of delivery options other than their 3-7 day one :radioacti

Reaction score
I got mine on the day of release. It looks really good at my desk :)

IMG_0336.jpg

S

Suikoden

I'm in the UK and ordered the 1.42GHz Mac Mini (with 512MB RAM) last Sunday morning (just after midnight). I was given a date of on or before 21st Feb. However on Thursday I received an email to say it had shipped and it arrived yesterday lunch time. Very impressed with the OS and the Mac Mini. Even though I have a 2.8 P4 with a X800XT in my PC I think the Mac Mini will become my main system. :)

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Suikoden said:
I'm in the UK and ordered the 1.42GHz Mac Mini (with 512MB RAM) last Sunday morning (just after midnight). I was given a date of on or before 21st Feb. However on Thursday I received an email to say it had shipped and it arrived yesterday lunch time. Very impressed with the OS and the Mac Mini. Even though I have a 2.8 P4 with a X800XT in my PC I think the Mac Mini will become my main system. :)

I ordered mine the day they were announced and was given a shipping date of 27th Jan. I got the notification of shipping yesterday.

Mind you I did order the wireless upgrade and 512Mb RAM upgrade with mine.

Fingers crossed mine will arrive today or first thing Monday.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i just got notfication that mine is now on its way :mac: fingers crossed for a monday delivery!! i've got 512megs of ram and a putty knife just waititng here!

M

mateo107

I got a Mac Mini!

I just got mine the other day... if you want to read about it, check out:

http://www.comperfection.com/reviews/apple/macmini.html.

Overall, I'm very impressed and don't find the use of a 4200RPM laptop harddrive too detrimental. I do find the power button on the back of the unit, a slight pain, but its not too bad.

Good Luck and Happy Owning!

-Matthew-
:cool:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Macmini

Mines being dispatched on or before 14/02/05. Thanks for your comments :mac:
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
gdestiny said:
i got mine on 1/21. but then i am in southern california, USA.

gdestiny, out of curiosity, did it ship from Sacramento? My keyboard and mouse did but my Mini is still a few weeks off from shipping. I ask because I live only a few miles away from Sac and that means just that even UPS ground ends up being overnight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
That is some kick *** machine! :D

shift said:
I got mine on the day of release. It looks really good at my desk :)

IMG_0336.jpg

Reaction score
I declined on wireless w/it. Instead I went w/ a USB D-Link wireless bluetooth. Works out great w/ my wireless Mac Keyboard and mouse. The D-link only cost me $30.00. That way its portable and I can use it also on my PC when I am not on the Mac. I owned it for almost 2 weeks. I like it a lot.

G

gdestiny

dan828 said:
gdestiny, out of curiosity, did it ship from Sacramento? My keyboard and mouse did but my Mini is still a few weeks off from shipping. I ask because I live only a few miles away from Sac and that means just that even UPS ground ends up being overnight.
i forgot which town it shipped from, but it wasn't sacramento. i pre-ordered mine about 3-4 days after the annoucement.

i was quite surprised that it arrived on 1/21, when the launch date was 1/22. i'm very satisfied w/ apple's timely shipping. the same thing happened when i pre-ordered my iPod mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine arrived this afternoon, excuse me while I go play with it.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Grrrr, 18.5 v power in. They do this just to annoy me don't they. Looks like my Mini will be coming apart for some slight modifications. ;)

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well here is my shiney new 1 hour old mac mini :mac: i am a true 100% switcher as well

mymac.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dinesh said:
heya, the mac looks beautiful mate! enjoy

sure does! a lot nicer than any big old pc case!! now if only i had a nice desk for it as well :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.