• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer, Glorious Beer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
I read that thread about mixed drinks and thought it was rather interesting to see the different tastes that the various forum people had. However, mixers aren't really my thing, so I thought I'd see what kinda beers, stouts, lagers, bitteres and ales people enjoy - the more wierd and wonderful, the better!

For a kick off, I'm a lager man myself, generally one of the more well known brands; Fosters, Carlsberg etc. but when the fancy takes me, I do enjoy a bit of Newcastle Brown Ale :D.

So what do you people like to drink then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I enjoy wheat beers like Blue Moon and Hef.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I like Newcastle, when I'm in the UK. The clear glass bottles tend to skunk it, so I don't buy it here in the US :(

I'd like me a nice bitter too, also sadly not overly available here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Guinness
Heineken
Stella Artois

In that order. I also enjoy stuff like Grolsch, Ricard's Red, and other imported beers. I love dark beer.

I picked up a bottle of Crown Royal and some Bacardi Razz for the wife tonight. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I lean toward the Lagers myself, can't stand any kind of Porter. My personal favorite at this point is Samuel Adams Summer Ale, but I enjoy just about anything by Sam Adams. Guiness rates pretty high with me as does a local favorite, Yuengling Lager (from America's oldest brewery, here in Pennsylvania).

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Jamaican Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.
Call me simple, but I prefer to live the "high-life" - yes it must be from a glass bottle. Okay, I'll admit, when I'm feeling Hoity-Toity, I prefer Schneider-Weisse -- of course it must be in a S-W beer glass and poured by myself especially if the barkeep doesn't know how to properly pour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I've enjoyed all but one Sierra Nevada I've had (the harvest in the blue label I could not stand). I also love Stone Brewery's ale's (arrogant ale and their IPA).

Oh, and I absolutely hate Guinness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I lean toward the Lagers myself, can't stand any kind of Porter. My personal favorite at this point is Samuel Adams Summer Ale, but I enjoy just about anything by Sam Adams. Guiness rates pretty high with me as does a local favorite, Yuengling Lager (from America's oldest brewery, here in Pennsylvania).

I really don't like Sam Adams, too bitter for my tastes. I do, however, like Yuengling :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Not much of a drinker, but going to school in WI has taught me the joys of a Honey Weiss with a cheeseburger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
The beer i drink mostly would be Carling... But when I'm in the mood an ale, preferably Hob Goblin goes down nicely. More fond of the darker ales usually :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The beer i drink mostly would be Carling... But when I'm in the mood an ale, preferably Hob Goblin goes down nicely. More fond of the darker ales usually :D

Carling is what I pee out after I drink real beer ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Heineken would be my favorite, light and sweet and not too bitter. Stella Artois is nice too.

Like to try beer from other country, though they are not as nice, such as Tsingtao from China, and Chang or Singha from Thailand. We have quite a lot of them here.

Heard Corona is pretty nice.

Reaction score
I love Yeungling, like Budweiser, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, & Stella Artois.

To be honest though, I will basically drink whatever is on special/put in front of me. $.50 Natural Light drafts = my drink of choice for the night ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Beer ..... now we are talking serious stuff ....

Choosing 1 would be difficult as I am living in Belgium, with over 200 types of local beer.

All time favorites are
- Duvel
- Hoegaerden
- Grimbergen
- Rodenbach
- Jupiler
- Stella

Cheers.
McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh man, Belgian beer is amazing. There's this place in NYC that serves only Belgian beer, and the flavors were like nothing I've had before. There was this chocolate flavor beer that was really good. There was another one we had but I forget the name, but it had a slight hint of raspberries. I'm definitely going back there next time I'm in NYC.

Oh, and Hoegaerden is my second favorite beer after Blue Moon :)

OP
Clueless
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Belgian beer - now there's a shout!
Went to belgium on a school trip last year, small hotel bar - had some of the best beer of my life. Sont remember the name, but it was cherry flavoured! Very sweet, but god it was good! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
Great thread!

I am a big Sam Adams fan...only met one I didn't like! (Cherry Wheat)
I also like most from Leinenkugel...their summer shandy is great on a hot day.
Dark beers on my preference and I love ambers but wheats are the best in the summer to me. It is in the 20s here so I am focused on warmer (happier) times!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Stella
Hoegaarden
Asahi
Yebisu
Amstel

are beers that work for me.

Reaction score
The beer I drink the most is Miller Lite. My favorites are-

Guinness
Grolsch
Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss
Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest

I had found an African beer that was tasty but the bar that had it stopped carrying it and I haven't found it since. It was called Mamba.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.