• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer, Glorious Beer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Grolsch is my favorite but I also like some of the Great Lakes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I think it would be easier to list beers I don't like :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Beer ..... now we are talking serious stuff ....

Choosing 1 would be difficult as I am living in Belgium, with over 200 types of local beer.

All time favorites are
- Duvel
- Hoegaerden
- Grimbergen
- Rodenbach
- Jupiler
- Stella

Cheers.
McBie

Ah, I remember working in Brussels for a month, would start the evening with a Duvel then move on to Jupiler

Myself, I often gravitate towards lagers in the summer, typically Red Stripe, Hoegaerden and Kronenbourg 1664. Although we now have a large Polish Population here now, and with the spread of Polish shops, I must say their lagers are very good

Autumn and winter and its time to go darker, with Guinness, IPAs and Ales taking over, including Bishop's Finger and Hobgoblin

American Beer, to be honest I find Bud rather dull, but drinkable - But I did like Anchor Steam from San Francisco

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
Draught - Grolsch or Stell Artois - also known as wife-beater in the UK.

Bottle - Peroni Gran Reserve or Corona

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
American Beer, to be honest I find Bud rather dull, but drinkable - But I did like Anchor Steam from San Francisco

There is a ton of good American beer these days, sadly like good European beers here.. you will likely never see them in the UK..

I agree about Bud.. their American Ale is better, but I still really only drink it at the bowling alley

Reaction score
What about Iron City and Iron City Light? or Augustiner? Now there is some TERRIBLE beer that for some reason people from the city of Pittsburgh, PA love. Anyone else have it? Love, like, or hate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I think it would be easier to list beers I don't like :D

"There are no bad beers, just some are better than others" is a saying I've heard many times. Do any of you guys brew your own beer? I used to, but one batch of 20 liters was so bad I tipped the lot out into the roadside ditch. The grass died! It was almost a year before it grew back again.

If ever any of you pay us a visit way down here, be sure to try Emersons beer. It's expensive but is nectar of the gods. The boutique breweries make some fabulous beers. Why, we even brew Guinness down here, by express permission of the parent company in Ireland.

If times are hard, and you're desperate, you could always try a Steinlager.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
During the Rugby World cup, in about 92 or so, we were given a whole bunch of Steinlager :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is a ton of good American beer these days, sadly like good European beers here.. you will likely never see them in the UK..

I agree about Bud.. their American Ale is better, but I still really only drink it at the bowling alley

Most of the mass-produced American beer is awful, Bud in particular (let's hope we don't have any members from the St. Louis area here!) - the lone exception being Samuel Adams, which has grown from a micro brewery to become more mainstream. I'd put Sam Adams up against anything from Europe, it's absolutely one of the best beers out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I drink locally ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I shouted myself an Indian curry lunch recently, and preceded it with a Taj Mahal imported beer. Beeeeautiful!

Nobody's mentioned the Dogfish Head brewery products in the US. Anybody tried their beers?

Reaction score
Im gonna go with
Newcastle
Stella
Fat Tire
and sometimes Heineken

when i do get a chance to get guinness on tap, i go for it :)

OP
Clueless
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Most of the mass-produced American beer is awful, Bud in particular

I quite enjoy a bud every now and again - provided it's properly cold. They quite light and crisp, perfect for the summer when having a BBQ.
Fosters is another good example of one of these types of brews.

Speaking of which - I've noticed some people talking about home brews, is it difficult? What's the process?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Going out in a bit to celebrate a successful completion of my first semester of law school. You can bet I'll be getting myself well acquainted with a variety of beers ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Here are two for y'all:

3121061397_ca27cd318d.jpg

3121886498_c916a46011.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Black MacBook
Yuengling
Heineken
Killians Irish Red
Red Stripe
Corona

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I'm partial to a bottle of Abbott Ale every now and then. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD.
Snake bite, Bud Ice, Strongbow and Magners.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.