New Powerbook Owner (Happy) questions...

J

jbsengineer

Just want to say hi to everyone. I just recently went through an ordeal with an iBook and dead pixels on a powerbook. (Check the ibook forum- IBOOK SCREEN BEND). but now i am a proud owner of a 12" powerbook!!! yay!

Just want to ask everyone a few questions...

1. anything new i should know with my powerbook (first ever)

2. i want a really good slick sleeve case...suggestions??

3. i just ordered this ram http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4036722?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG ... any good???

4. Does anyone run the hack so you can shut the powerbook lid down without it going to sleep? i heard this is really bad to do with a ibook. but how bout a powerbook???

Thanks for everyones help and i look forward to contributing!!!

Josh

OP
M

MickMAC

I have that sleeve for my 17inch pb and love it.

I would not run your powerbook with the lid closed, they get very hot with the lid open and if the lid was closed I think they would tend to overheat!

OP
H

hill.ed

To close the powerbook and keep it on, all you have to do is connect a USB keyboard and mouse, connect a seperate monitor and they you go! but i still wouldnt to it to a PowerBook as it can get very hot just sitting there! if you can, try and get a stand of some sort to help cool the book down.

OP
J

jbsengineer

thanks for the help, :)

got myself a tucano case. mainly cause i could have it overnighted cheap from outpost.com. great case. (love neoprene) My ram seems to be decent ram. Performance jumped alot after the addition of 512... Must say i love my powerbook, so glad i upgraded to it from the iBook...

Josh

OP
G

Gregg

I run my 1.33GHz 12inch PB closed all day long sometimes with no issues. Just make sure it is on a hard flat surface. If it is a concern elevate the back with something to increase airflow.

OP
C

Cloudane

I have a Radtech and whilst it's a little tight, it really is nice. A bit over-expensive considering it's just a shaped microfiber cloth, but again... it's nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.