• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Subaru out of WRC

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure many of you will care about this, but it is pretty big news, the article also mentions Honda pulling out of F1, which is just as huge.

Iconic Subaru quits world rally championship - CNN.com

looks like it's pretty much just the companies trying to deal with the economy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
WRC will not be the same! Subaru to me meant rally in recent years. I regularly attended the stages held in Wales and had (lost them when MacBook and HD were stolen) hundreds of pics and vids, mostly of the Subarus!

F1 is in need of something to make it exciting again... Any ideas what?

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sorry to say it, but F1 needs less technology, less money.

while it is unbelievably impressive what the cars are capable of, and even more so what the drivers are capable of in terms of handling those monsters, i don't think it translates to the viewer as much as something like the skatey, horribly dangerous cars of the 60s and 70s. plus, the cars have so little to do with actual cars, there may be a certain disconnect. where people can more easily relate to something like wrc, british and german touring cars, and even american nascar (especially the lower-dollar local events) simply because in some fashion they do use "real cars" (the quotes recieve more emphasis of course for higher levels of nascar, where the cars have absolutely nothing to do with the real cars other than name and a passing resemblence).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
Very true eric, I agree completely. I used to be a massive F1 fan but the last 3 seasons have bored me to tears.

Have a look at the following - great video and a serious toy...

YouTube - ATV Subaru Impreza STI

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that is I-N-S-A-N-E!

i want one. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Seat have also pulled out of the British Touring Car Championships, so I hear.
Must be an odd effect of the credit crunch that no one really thought about. Obviously a pretty major one, what with the trouble various automotive companies have gone through.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.