ATI X1900XT: Over Clocking Help Wanted.

S

satrop

Hi all!:D

Was after some help. I would like to give overclocking a go.

So I have a ATI X1900XT card in my pro. I've never overclocked before, now I've had a look at the free software to overclock the card, I think I got it from the ATI website? But I have NO idea what I am doing??:Confused:

The app that I have to change the setting is called "ATIccelerator II". I know what is actualy going on so thats why I would like some advice on the settings, because I am very awar that things can go very wrong if its over done.

Thanks all!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What is this in bold on that same page?

(The Radeon X1600, X1900 and later cards aren't supported yet.)

The developer has not really worked on that since the ATI 800 cards. (And the 800 was a very overclockable card. Still have that card in one of my Win machines.)
The only way you're going to do any overclocking on your Mac Pro is going to be by installing Windows and using the ATI Tool under Windows.
There is at this point in time, no overclocking tool for your card under OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
And considering the knwon heat problems with that card even without overclocking, it does not seem to be such a good idea to try it out either...

OP
S

satrop

What is this in bold on that same page?.

Maugh! Ahaha! What a fool I am! Thanks for making than EVEN more obvious to me, oh dear how did I miss that?

And yea I've just found out about the overheating issues. So even if they do get around to making 1900 ready for overclocking, I'll give it a miss not worth lossing out on that much money for just a bit more speed.

Another note of the overheating, I just installed a new cooler, the Accelero X2. The thing is great, super easy to install, super super quite and droped the temp by 15c! Very impressed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.