Address Book app problems

Reaction score
Howdy. I just royally fried ALL of my addresses in Address Book; my error. I thought I'd just open Add Book and re-type them, but when I try to open it I get a message "Can't use this w/ current OS system". What? I have been using it all along, so what happened? Too, I went to re-install Add Book from my original CDs, but it isn't listed on the one CD and I am afraid that if I re-install all OS files and software I will get the old OS and have to update it all over. Can I get Add Book somewhere so I can re-install it, or just fergit it and get a different app entirely? Quite lost here. Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need special software to extract the address book app from your original DVD without having to re-install everything. "Pacifist". You can download it from here. It's $20.00 to register.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Wunnerful.

Much appreciated. This problem has occurred before, and I am disappointed that one can not customize a re-install right from the CD from our friends at Apple. :Grimmace: :Grimmace: I wonder what the reason is. Either way, someone has come up w/ a solution. Thanks, and take care. john

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.