• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

G4 Staff

JRV

Reaction score
I'm a regular viewer of the G4 Network. I like it but I wish they would have a couple tech shows like back in the TechTV days. I think the channel would do even better with a show like The Screensavers. Not sure why they axed that show.

Anyway. I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what the main people on the network made? Morgan Webb, Adam Sessler, Olivia Munn. They making big money or are they getting hosed?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, they can't possibly be getting as much as a network tv personality like Matt Lauer or Katie Couric.

i'd say, it's probably a lot like public radio. they probably make enough to live comfortably and they're doing something they really like to do.

i agree about the tech-tv type shows. i thought it was a good idea to merge, but they are definitely emulating spike tv too much, and should infuse a little brain into the silliness; a blend with aots and xplay seem to get just about right, but little else on the network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I don't watch G4 anymore for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have cable anymore. Secondly, I found the network to suck now. I used to watch X-Play, Filter, Cinematech, Electronic Playground, Screen Savers... now the only thing thats on G4 is either that Ninja Warrior show or Cops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD @7200// iBook G3 300MHZ!, 512MB RAM!, 40GB HD!
God I miss Screensavers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
screensavers and call for help were the best shows on that network and now with them gone i just don't watch it anymore. AOTS is just a knockoff of screensavers and doesn't compare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I hate that network with a passion..... but I can watch an episode of Ninja warrior here and there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I miss Sarah Lane. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I like to watch AOTS every once and a while just because I love technology. I do also think they are trying to emulate Spike to much now. I believe that is the consensus in my house. They are still ok, they havent gotten out of control yet.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
I like to watch AOTS every once and a while just because I love technology. I do also think they are trying to emulate Spike to much now. I believe that is the consensus in my house. They are still ok, they havent gotten out of control yet.

Yeah they are getting too much like SpikeTV which is bad in my opinion. They need to ditch shows like Cops and those bloopers shows and get more into technology again. They need to start a show like Screensavers again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I love Tekzilla from Revision 3. Closest thing to The Screen Savers that I have found. I miss Leo though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I love Tekzilla from Revision 3. Closest thing to The Screen Savers that I have found. I miss Leo though!

Sometimes I find Veronica annoying. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.