Microsoft Licensing conflict

D

DBareford

I recently was engaged to do some support at a small theatre that uses eMacs. They had apparently pirated a version of MS Office X from Limewire or some such, but were getting conflicts when multiple users tried to run Word simultaneously. I convinced them to get a 5-computer site license from Microsoft, which came with a special installation disk.

When I installed it, the setup asked if I wanted to delete the older versions of Office on the hard drives, which I did. It also did not ask me for a keycode of any kind, which I found strange. THE PROBLEM IS: the conflict is still occurring, returning the message "[User x] is currently using this application." I tried re-installing (and deleting older versions again, with the same result.

The four computers are not technically networked in terms of file or applicatoin sharing, but are connected to DSL through a shared Linksys router.

Does anyone know a way to convince MS Office that the site licenses are valid? (I think it's still finding something from the pirated version).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It's probably in the preferences folder.. ~/Library/Preferences/ or in ~/Library/Application Support or in the ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/ MS puts things everywhere :( There might be a couple more places to look. Since you purchased it I would say you could talk to MS and see if they can help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.