HDTV will not show my movie! Help!

Reaction score
Hi, I have just recently purchased the mini DVI-to-DVI adapter and a DVI to HDMI digital video cable so that I can watch movie from Netflix through my macbook. The connection is easy to do but my HDTV only showing the wallpaper on my desktop. How do I get the movie started?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Sounds like you have the extended desktop option checked. Connect yours 2nd display and open System Preferences > Displays > Check "Shows displays in menu bar. Now click on the TV screen in the menu bar (top of the screen) and check "mirror desktop".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
I agree with the extended desktop.

you can either set the machine to "mirror" the displays, or run with the computer closed (you will need a USB/bluetooth mouse and to have the computer plugged in).

Or...

I discovered the other day that most programs will display content (movies, or slideshows) on the monitor where they are initiated. I dragged the window for iPhoto to the TV and suddenly the TV was the one showing the slide show. The same thing happened for a Quicktime movie.

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.