Network System Pref. Issues

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been having some problems with the network option in my system preferences. Every time I select Network, a drop down window comes down saying that a remote device automatically changed my network settings. Once I hit ok, the network box goes away, and immediately drops down again.

I've tried deleting my preferences and restarting, with no luck. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Join a cast of thousands who've experienced this problem. If I'm guessing correctly, it started after a Tiger OS update. There's a bug in it. The solution? See these links:
Dialog From ****: Your network settings have been changed by another app - The macosxhints Forums
Apple - Support - Discussions - 'Your network settings have been ...
What's Been Messing With My Network? - macosx.com

My own solution was to have the mouse pointer poised over the padlock, which I clicked to lock, immediately after I'd hit the OK button. That hasn't cured the issue, but it has prevented the annoying warning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.