Help

Reaction score
I bought an new imac a few weeks ago.

I am in Austria working and my good lady is using the mac in the UK

She tells me there is a sound of running/gurgling water and we do not know how to turn it off

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

Thanks in anticipation

Wups

S

satrop

Errr? This is to do with a Mac right? Her plumming hasn't broke has it? I think we'll need a little more info if you can. Is it all the time, just at start up, is the UK Mac an iMac? How old is it? You know the usual stuff.

Also. Can it be stoped by turing off the sound?

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi satrop

It only three weeks old so I cant help her over the Internet/telephone as I'm new to the imac as well

Bought in the UK

The sound is on all the time

Without my mac instruction book I'm not sure how to turn off the sound.

Thanks for reply

S

satrop

Right so this is a gonna be bit of a try this, try that to see if we can find out what the issue is. So let try by turning of the sound. Many ways to do this. The silmple way is to press "F10". Thats the mute button. Is the sound is still there then its a problm this the actual compter. And it ONLY being three weeks olds, I would bother asking for to much help here, I would ask your good lady to send it back to Apple as it shouldn't be making any odd sounds!

So see if you can turne of the odd sound like I said and let me know how that works?

All the best!

OP
W
Reaction score
F10 has worked and my good lady tells me she can now adjust the sound.

Thanks for your help.

Wups

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.