• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Man Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
We need a thread just for us men to talk about man things. You know like catching fish with our bare hands or taking down a wild beast with only a stick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I caught a fly with my bare hands today. Does that count?

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Or when you run out of toilet paper... be a man use your hand...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my wife actually got upset with me a couple weeks ago because she heard me blowing my nose in the shower... pfft. like that's the worst thing i do in there. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
my wife actually got upset with me a couple weeks ago because she heard me blowing my nose in the shower... pfft. like that's the worst thing i do in there. :D

Why, what else do you blow in the shower? ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing the finished article! Hmmmm, wonder what it will look like...

i'm going to go out on a limb and say it's going to look like a motorcycle.

HA! :D

Reaction score
I just tied up 20 3oz weights & 10 4oz weights and began my tackle organization. Its always about this time of year when I put a hold on going fishing until mid-may and began to organize/get stuff ready for next season...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Last night, I watched Old Yeller and cried MANLY TEARS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i'm going to go out on a limb and say it's going to look like a motorcycle.

HA! :D

Hmmmm, me thinks you could be right? :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
unmanly confession...

i tear up at stuff all the time, from the obvious things like emotionally gut wrenching movies like 'life is beautiful' and 'the pianist' to things like the old lifesaver commercial where the dad and daughter were watching the sunset and the dad says "going... going... gone" and the girl follows up with a whispered "do it again daddy".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unmanly confession...

i tear up at stuff all the time, from the obvious things like emotionally gut wrenching movies like 'life is beautiful' and 'the pianist' to things like the old lifesaver commercial where the dad and daughter were watching the sunset and the dad says "going... going... gone" and the girl follows up with a whispered "do it again daddy".

Offers a manly hug from across the pond :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I had girl problems so I took care of them the manly way. I got so drunk that I didn't remember yelling at her in public and calling her things like filty promicuous female that gets paid for having sex (the explicit version) and telling her to uh...well, you can only imagine.

Three times.

Then when she called me the final time I asked her if she had gotten the hint yet. I think I finally got rid of her.

That was an awesomely manly way of taking care of a problem. Screw that whole sitting down and talking it out bit.

You are my idol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I had girl problems so I took care of them the manly way. I got so drunk that I didn't remember yelling at her in public and calling her things like filty promicuous female that gets paid for having sex (the explicit version) and telling her to uh...well, you can only imagine.

Three times.

Then when she called me the final time I asked her if she had gotten the hint yet. I think I finally got rid of her.

That was an awesomely manly way of taking care of a problem. Screw that whole sitting down and talking it out bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
unmanly confession...

I started tearing up at oddball things once I had kids....

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh, once i had kids, forget it...

mine started when i had a nervous breakdown when i was 17 (on xmas eve).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.