A good freeware app

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you fine people might know about any freeware apps that would allow me to record with my mic, save the recording, import it to itunes, arrange it into a playlist and burn it onto a cd? Your help would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. Just a comment: Your thread title tells us nothing about what you want/need. It might have helped had you titled the thread "Freeware app to record, save, etc."

Then at least someone with experience in that area might look in the thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
I never used it before, but doesn't garage band allow for this? Have you tired it yet?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you fine people might know about any freeware apps that would allow me to record with my mic, save the recording, import it to itunes, arrange it into a playlist and burn it onto a cd? Your help would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

Garage band ?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 15"/2.33GHz/2Gb
Audacity will record from a mike, allow edits, and export as mp3. You can then use iTunes to create a playlist and burn.

Reaction score
You can use garage band, just create a basic track turn off the metronome and hit record. You can do the same thing with imovie. Both allow you to export it to itunes.

Reaction score

Have you tried Audacity yet? It's all free and easy to use. Download load it here Audacity: Mac OS 9 / X
Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.