Battery Life Question

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a new uni-macbook, while i enjoy it very much its battery life is running about the same as my windows laptop was about 2 hours. Is there anything i could do to improve this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black, 2G Intel Duo, 100G HD, 2G Ram, OS-X 10.5.8
I was told they should be cycled fully about once per month. Assuming you have the Li bat.
After 2 years my battery only lasts about 45 minutes.

Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What are you doing with your MB? I can run 3.5 hrs on Battery surfing the web and using the Adobe CS Suite. Although I do dim the screen down a bit and turn on and off the airport when I don't need it.

Reaction score
You can dim the screen, turn off bluetooth, and select "better energy savings."

Beyond that, other measures are available, such as under-clocking components.

Best of luck.

OP
M
Reaction score
all ive been doing is encoding video, listening to music, and some web surfing. I have aiport off, brightness is all the way down without blacking the screen, and bluetooth is off. Im not sure if i got a faulty battery somehow.

Reaction score
What are you doing with your MB? I can run 3.5 hrs on Battery surfing the web and using the Adobe CS Suite. Although I do dim the screen down a bit and turn on and off the airport when I don't need it.

Yeah, mine seems to be at a steady 3 hour+ battery life as well with little more than just using safari.

Reaction score
my macbook is the first version of the core duo 2 1.83ghz and i still stretch about 4 hours on it running everything at full blast. when battery saver is on i get about 5 hours. although my charge cycle is just gone pass 200

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.