from nowhere some music starts playing

Reaction score
Hello

When I use my MACbook for a few hours non stop (connected to the internet) from nowhere some music starts playing (not via itunes or any other application)

It is a cheesy trance-like beat, roughly 16 bars that just keeps looping. The only thing that I can do is restart my laptop

Does anybody know what this problem is?...have you heard of this before? I am certainly very confused/ frustrated

Any help/ advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks
Scott

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
are you sure it's not coming from a website you visted?

OP
S
Reaction score
Nope...nothing open at all....I have just read the post half a page down re: trojans/ virus...and I'm running that trend micro housecall, will see if that helps!

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The only time I have ever had what you are describing, there was a very small Pop Under window open playing the music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Clean browser caches with Onyx.

If you use Yahoo Games from time to time they attach tunes.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good idea harryb

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Not an Apple Rumor or News Report. Moving to appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac intel 10.5.8
does this sound familiar?
I have an imac intel w 10.5.8. my audio mini port doesn't work so i use a griffen usb port to listen to podcasts on itunes. a sound track has begun to play over everything, or by it's self, even when itune is off. It sounds like a sound track from cirque soleil, a middle eastern exotic tune without words. It loops endlessly. I don't download music or videos, just talk pod casts, lectures, etc. I have no music on my computer. I can't turn it off without shutting down the mac but when i start up, after a moment, without turning on itunes, it starts up again. I've run clamxav and the only thing it found that is suspicious is something in version cue, a plug in, and an easybatchphoto.plist, Easybatchphoto is a little program I use to compress and upload files to .mac. i've read the virus thread and everything points to there are no mac viruses. what am I missing? I've tried the OSX troubleshooting -geri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.
That is actually really hilarious..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac intel 10.5.8
Mystery music track.
I found it. it was a widget from NASA that had been on my computer for weeks working with out intruding. suddenly it started playing music over everything else. while i was throwing away widgets it stopped when I tossed the NASA one. at least i got my cache cleaned while I was in the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.