Problems with Audio Input on Garage Band

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
Hey guys,

Got a little problem with garage band. When I plug my guitar into my macbook, garage band doesn't seem to pick it up. I go to Garage Band Preferences and on the input drop down menu is:

System Setting
Built In Microphone
Built In Input
Soundflower (2ch)
Soundflower (16ch)

I've tried all of these and none of them pick up my guitar by itself. Also, the weird thing is is that when I change the input setting then try to go back to the built in microphone, nothing is picked up there either. The only way I can fix it is if I quit Garage Band and start it up again.

I have looked at System Preferences and the guitar is being picked on the Line In input, which doesn't seem to be possible to pick in Garage Band.

I am using Garage Band 08, 4.1.2

Can anybody help me? Its quite annoying.
Cheers

Reaction score
Hello Sam

What kind of Audio Interface do you use to record your guitar?

OP
SamJ35
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
Audio interface? I believe I don't use one. Its my guitar, with an adapter, straight into the audio in port.

Reaction score
Try selecting "Built-in Input", then select a real instrument track (or add a new one), make sure the red circle is lit indicating recording is enabled for the track, then turn on monitoring.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.