Sync Issues

Reaction score
Lately when i try to sync my 80gb classic, I open up itunes, then plug my ipod up. It immeditly says Syncing in itunes and also my ipod - like it should.

However briefly after, itunes just continues to say "sync" and my ipod says just "connected" it'll sit there all night like that - yes i let it go over night.

Generally I think it syncs it, but I can never disconnect or "eject" the ipod from itunes bec it always thinks it's syncing, and I never know when its "really done" I've been letting it sit for awhile, then unplugging it.

I tried a hard restart on the ipod and no good. I updated itunes to the newest version and still no luck. I just restored my ipod now, and its in the middle of re-syncing all the songs as I type this...but who knows if it'll stay on sync all night, or if it'll let me know when its done like it should...

anyone else experience this before??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.