My Leopard Disc on Girlfriends Mac?? HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unichrome MacBook 2.4 ghz. OS X / Arch linux
Is it possible? Hello all:

I have the Macbook Core Duo 2.4 13-Inch (Black) and both the installation disks that came with it. I recently purchased my girlfriend a MacBook Core Duo 1.83 13-Inch (White) off of ebay, hers did not come with any OS disks or anything. So I wanted to do a clean install for her for various reasons, but when I boot from My leopard disk to reformat and re-install on her laptop I get something like "Cannot install this software on this computer." Is this not possible to use other Leopard Disks, like windoze licensing, to install on another computer? And ideas/
This is where I purchased her Mac (Scroll down):

Apple MacBook 13.3" 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo X-CND! L@@K! - eBay (item 110302696599 end time Oct-22-08 12:52:14 PDT)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You'll need matching media. Your leopard disk is a restore disk, for your Mac. The hardware is not the same, so it won't work. Call Apple, buy a disk.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Even though it says "MAC OS X Installation Disc 1" & "2" on the disc's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Restore discs are tied to a specific model, and since the two computers you have aren't identical, your set won't work on her computer. You'll need to either get a replacement set from Apple (or just get the seller to send the discs) or buy a retail copy of Leopard, which works on all Macs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Kash. That was the answer/confirmation I was looking for.

Reaction score
You can setup leopard retail disc from Apple or you can seach on web to purchase this disc. I think that: you will need it, because this disc will compatible with all of macbook model. You just need insert disc and process install normally.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
even if they were identical, it would be illegal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.