Backlight?

Reaction score
I just got my MacBook today and I can't find the backlight button and couldn't find anything about it in the manual. Can somebody help me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
Which model of MacBook? There's no backlight button, but there are settings in System Preferences. Only the 2.4GHZ model has a backlight keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb
is it the new macbook??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
are you talking about the Contrast for the display?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
It's got its own ambient light sensor so when its dark they will come on.

Reaction score
sorry to burst your bubble but that isn't the new macbook its the old version. it doesn't have a backlit keyboard.

OP
M
Reaction score
I guess I was fooled when in the description it says *This new MacBook* :[.

One more question, does the MacBook still continue to download stuff even if I close the lap top lid, don't know how to word it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, they should have not called that the new macbooks! The Black and White plastic cased Macbook does not have an illuminated Keyboard. Just the Macbook Pros. The New Top model Macbook with the Aluminum case does though.

No, Closing the lid puts the machine to sleep. There are utilities to keep it awake with the lid closed. You can search here on Mac Forums and find.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, they should have not called that the new macbooks! The Black and White plastic cased Macbook does not have an illuminated Keyboard. Just the Macbook Pros. The New Top model Macbook with the Aluminum case does though.

No, Closing the lid puts the machine to sleep. There are utilities to keep it awake with the lid closed. You can search here on Mac Forums and find.

Alright, thanks for the info. And yeh, MacMall is full of scammers, nobody buy from them *read the reviews*. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have a defective MacBook, kicked in box, and denied rebate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.