How to add a nested folder in the Finder

Reaction score
I have found where I can simply add a folder both from the menu bar on the top left of the screen and by customizing the toolbar of the Finder window BUT when I add a folder it is "on its own" and not a subfolder under the folder that I have highlighted.

I am hoping the answer is not to create folder and DRAG it to the "root" folder that I want and then it works.

Really the one thing that OS X needs to complete it is RIGHT MOUSE CLICK COMMANDS (yes like Windows does) it is simply a better interface. Not that right click mouse commands aren't there now- its just that they aren't enough of the "main" ones. As in I have highlighted a document and I want to email it- I have to DRAG it to the mail Icon? how 1980's is that (when screens were 10" diagonal). Right clicking is so much more elegant and easy.
Same goes with creating a new folder- highlight where you want the folder to go and right click choose create folder- bam - done.

Am I missing something here?
Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.