MacBook Pro Blu-Ray ready?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
So I'm about to drop 3grand on a new Macbook Pro. Now my biggest issue comes down to the fact that I won't be able to watch Blu-Ray movies through the output at 1080p. If Apple comes out with a Blu-Ray drive down the road you think it'll be a hot swap or some proprietary sizing for a newer generation of laptops? I don't wanna spend 3 grand then have to pay more money for a drive that is external :Shouting: Thoughts?

Reaction score
you could get a popcorn hour and use blue-rays rips.Welcome To Popcorn Hour but this is usually for ppl who want to use their HDTV. Why do you want to watch 1080p on your laptop?

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
*out* of my laptop directly to an HDTV.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I basically want to replace my ps3 with my new Macbook Pro. Being able to install windows I am covered with games...I'll be losing blu-ray though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.