Macbook weird shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook MB404 Black @ Dual 2,4Ghz, 2GB, 250GB, Black
I have searched far and wide for an answer and can't find a solution...
Any help appreciated.

So all is fine and suddenly a week ago my macbook started behaving weird.
When I press shut down to turn my laptop off the screen goes half dark half normal and just stays that way untill I hold the power button down to force a restart.
Here's a pic of the screen:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9846&stc=1&d=1229177204

Yesterday I did an erase and install of Leopard but the problem remains.
(All I can find on the net is threads about the "RSS")

Thanks in advance

(Macbook Black 404, MacOsX 10.5.5)

DSC00260.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
If I had to take a guess I would say it looks like the begining of a kernal panick before you get the black box that says you need to restart your computer in multiple languages. I would try taking out the ram sticks one by one and seeing if maybe one of them is bad. See if that helps, it can't hurt.

OP
PaSapounakis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook MB404 Black @ Dual 2,4Ghz, 2GB, 250GB, Black
Thanks for the reply mate.
How will I be able to tell if one of the RAM sticks is bad though???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
Start up and shut down with just one then the other. If it still has the problem with one stick and not the other then just get a replacement for the stick. there are various programs freeware out there to do a memory test. As I said I don't know if this is the problem, but its the first thing I would do. Hope it works. And if the problem persists your macbook seems relatively new when you get a chance take it into a genius bar, if its a serious issue you wanna get it look at by a genius while its still under warranty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.