Macbook Trade in Old for New model question?

Reaction score
So i have a MacBook OS X and i have at least a year warranty which is still active. The new MacBooks have come out and i was wondering if im allowed to replace my current model MacBook with the new model that just came out. My MacBook is still in good condition and it was the latest model before the new models came out. So would Apple let me trade? I mean, the newer models are the same price as my model too so i dont see why is would be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
So i have a MacBook OS X and i have at least a year warranty which is still active. The new MacBooks have come out and i was wondering if im allowed to replace my current model MacBook with the new model that just came out. My MacBook is still in good condition and it was the latest model before the new models came out. So would Apple let me trade? I mean, the newer models are the same price as my model too so i dont see why is would be a problem.
Erm, no.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
The fact that it is a year old and has been used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I purchased my Black MacBook from an authorized reseller who actually does take trade-ins.....so when the new Unibody MacBooks came out, I traded in my Black for a new 2.4 Unibody.

Apple will not directly do this, but you might be able to find a reseller who does.

Reaction score
Uh no..I don't think so. You might need to go to other apple retailer stores who does trade-ins..

OP
E
Reaction score
I purchased my Black MacBook from an authorized reseller who actually does take trade-ins.....so when the new Unibody MacBooks came out, I traded in my Black for a new 2.4 Unibody.

Apple will not directly do this, but you might be able to find a reseller who does.

Who was this authorized reseller? How did you find him? Where is he located? i dont know if theres anything like that where i live but id like to know how to find out about where i can find them.

OP
E
Reaction score
The fact that it is a year old and has been used.

Well, the thing is, is that it is not a year old, and is in perfect condition. I just have a one year warranty that that is still active. I just figured that i might be able to do a trade in or something because, well i have a 1st generation ipod touch and then about a month after i got it, the 2nd generations came out, which sucked because the 2nd gens have a built in speaker and is thinner and have an extra Gig on it. Best Buy would have let me trade in my 1st gen with a 2nd gen except my brother bought me the ipod and he didnt get a warranty, but if he did i wouldve been able to trade, so i thought maybe the same thing would work with my Macbook except best buy didnt sell me my mac, i figured i could trade it in somewhere else in the same way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro

Why is a new one so superior to the one year old that you would want to replace it? I have the MacBook Pro, and I run Fusion with 4GB ram.

just curious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Who was this authorized reseller? How did you find him? Where is he located? i dont know if theres anything like that where i live but id like to know how to find out about where i can find them.

I live in Edmonton Canada and the retailer is "Westworld Computers".

I don't know if too many places actually do this, or how to find out other than calling them and asking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.