• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Streaming video to PS3 OR Xbox360 Problems

Reaction score
Hi, recently I posted a different thread on problems with Connect360. However, I tried to use TwonkyMedia to stream to my PS3, with the exact same problem as Connect360. Leading me to believe that it is either a problem with my Mac or my network.

What's weird is that it had been working PERFECTLY weeks before, and now for some reason it has started. And I have made no changes to any router settings, or to my Mac. I have the Penryn version of the Mid-level macbook, and my router is a Linksys WRT150N.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
And whats the problem? Link to your other thread at the least dude lol...

then ill try help out :)

OP
B
Reaction score
:Shouting: HAHA, CRAP! I am a retard.

Anyway, here's a link to my post. The problem is that when I try to stream anything, HD or SD, it will play, but lag (stutter) horribly. Like it will play a couple seconds, sit still for a few seconds, then continue playing for a few seconds, etc...

Sometimes the sound or video will get off because of the lag, and after the lag is over, the video will have to catch up to the audio. Very weird...

Thanks for letting me know about my mistake, and thanks for any help,
Wayne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I usually copy over the file i wanna watch on the ps3 and then once i'm done delete it off my ps3

OP
B
Reaction score
how do you do that? can you do it over the network? connect macbook to ps3 with usb? some of those HD videos are too big for my flash drive is why I'm asking....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Medialink

Well Its a little time consuming, but what i usually do with videos once I get them is covert them with visual hub. The developer no longer develops the software but I'm sure you an get it still at version tracker. Anyways I convert them to an ipod touch setting at regular quality, that usually gets the files size down a bit, maybe 25%. Then I transfer the file over to the ps3 with software called medialink, its made by the same guys who make connect 360. You need to buy this software, its only $15. Well worth it! Once you set it up and get the ps3 talking to your mac, you an browse the macs files. Then when you find the one you want, you push triangle and select "import file". Then your presented with the ps3's progress bar showing the % of the transfer. Hope this brief explanation helps

OP
B
Reaction score
i would do that, and i can with twonky, but it is just too time consuming.....

any other ideas out there.......??????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.