CD Stuck in my MacBook

A-R

Reaction score
Hello guys, big problem.. I have a CD stuck in my Macbook. Its MAC OS X.. version 10.4.11 ...Intel core duo 2

when the laptop is starting up it does load but however its not showing up on the screen.
I have tried holding the keypad while starting. also i have no gurantee as I have passed period
Its been stuck for 3 weeks...Please do help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
turn-off the laptop if you can then before you turn on the laptop hold down the eject button on your keyboard.. HOLD IT DOWN until the computer releases the disk.. I had this problem some time ago and this worked perfectly, just remember to hold down the eject button before you press the power button...

-luck

OP
A

A-R

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice... I tried it twice but however to no avail..Looking forward to more response

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
try it with your laptop upside down... my friend tried this and it worked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
My wife's black Macbook had this problem. I was able to get it out by 'flexing' the case while holding down the eject button and then took it to the Apple store where I was able to reproduce the issue. The genius took it back and somehow 'tweaked' the case with some sort of adjustment such that it would then eject discs reliably.

He told me that people usually (since most people are right handed) picked them up from the disc loading side and this over time could warp the casing just enough that the CD wouldn't eject. Solution: Use both hands on each side whenever picking it up to move it around. Tolerances on these notebooks are wicked tight.

OP
A

A-R

Reaction score
It looks like I am screwed because I have tried a few ways but it dosent work... aaaaah so annoying..thanks for the advice guys

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Last try, hold down the track pad button and don't let go until it loads. It takes a while but if the drive has the ability it will spit out the disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Best way I've found:
Double-sided sticky tape on a long flat object carefully inserted into the slot drive. Works a treat and I've seen authorized Apple Service providers do it too..

OP
A

A-R

Reaction score
iv tried the last way dosent seem to come out.. this is so annoying

OP
A

A-R

Reaction score
still got the problem.. i dnt have the option of taking it to the apple store.. iv tried most tricks..but please feel free to help..as it will be needed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.