upgrade to new macbook or old MBP?

Reaction score
I have a g4 powerbook with 512mb ram. I use it at my small business with a 19 inch widescreen, its nice to have the 2 screens. It gets bogged down pretty easily. The battery is also toast. I have been thinking of moving up to the new macbook aluminum but I have seen some pretty good deals on the older generation MBP. About the same price for the basic model ie $1250. Which is a better laptop? thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Besides cosmetically...

More memory
250gb HD
Better Graphic card

But is it worth the cost difference? I dont know but i love my C2D (silver keys)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
If the price is the same get the MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
I have the last revision mbp before the unibody, it has the same processor as the high end macbook which costs $1600 and better graphics card. I would go with the MBP if its the same price, my friend has a new macbook it looks cool but my MBP is a faster machine for the money

Reaction score
I have the Oct 2008 release of the macbook pro, and I love it. I thought about getting the older MPB (silver keys) but the faster processor, faster RAM (and bus speed), and faster vid processor steered me towards the newest one. I do a lot of photo editing and some video editing and it works great for both. I'm a convert from PC and I honestly don't know why I waited so long!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.