question regarding quicktime player

Reaction score
quicktime player has this habit of playing the video automatically right after you downloaded it. is there a way to disable that ? thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
This is an easy one all you have to do is open quick time player then on the menu bar in the top left corner next to the apple it will say quick time player click on it and go to preferences then the box should be checked marked saying play when opened turn the box off and the problem should be fixed

OP
Y
Reaction score
is it 'automatically play movies when opened' box u were talking abt, if yes then it doesnt work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
No sorry I might of explained it wrong under preferences there is quicktime preferences then there is a tab saying browser then uncheck the box saying play once downloaded

when I say under preferences I don't mean click preferences then look for quicktime preferences I mean don't click on preferences press the one under it named quicktime preference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.