running slow

Reaction score
I have a 1.83 Ghz core 2 with 1Gb of ram and it usually runs amazing, but lately I have noticed programs opening slowly, lags between switching programs, and that "beach ball" show up a lot. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any programs or anything i can do to get my mini running like new again. thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
I have a 1.83 Ghz core 2 with 1Gb of ram and it usually runs amazing, but lately I have noticed programs opening slowly, lags between switching programs, and that "beach ball" show up a lot. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any programs or anything i can do to get my mini running like new again. thanks in advance

No software needed, lets see basics will be: restart computer, hold P,R,option,command for 3 chimes. After restart, empty desktop trash bin if anything in it, next empty caches both desktop and internet. Open disk utility select erase tab and choose erase free space, this may take a while depending on the size of your drive. After disk utility is complete restart with P,R,command for 3 chimes once again and you should notice a significant difference, let me know your outcome. Also regularly restart your computer and at night or day what ever your shift maybe just shut it off energy saver in preff" pain is a useful tool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.