Creating a movie from powerpoint

Reaction score
In powerpoint when ever i try to take a powerpoint and make a movie in it....it will always close out and and say that powerpoint unexpectly quit...anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
how much ram do you have and what os are you running?

OP
J
Reaction score
Macman said:
how much ram do you have and what os are you running?
Im not quite sure but it is running 10.3 or 4 probably and its a emac brand new so it should be adaquit for the job...ill check back tomorrow and post again because im not at school any more...thanks
Any ideas?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, powerpoint along with M$ blow, you should really try keynote, its way better. as far as the problem, I think you dont have enough ram, but in case, try deleting powerpoints preferences and see if it helps. also, try repairing permissions.

OP
J
Reaction score
Macman said:
well, powerpoint along with M$ blow, you should really try keynote, its way better. as far as the problem, I think you dont have enough ram, but in case, try deleting powerpoints preferences and see if it helps. also, try repairing permissions.
Where do i repair permissions...is that a feature in powerpoint or is that just in mac...?

OP
J
Reaction score
jureynolds said:
Where do i repair permissions...is that a feature in powerpoint or is that just in mac...?
Someone please walk me through this i need help bad and quick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats a mac/unix maintenance type thing. open disk utility, its located in utilities in applications, open it, after it says gatthering info, select your mac hd in the column on the left, then click repair permissions in the right part, its close to the bottom
middle left area, when its done, restart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how to repair permissions

ok, heres a step by step:
1. open macintosh hd on the desktop, open applications folder, open utilities folder, double click Disk Utility.
2. in Disk Utility, theres a cloumn on the left, select your macintosh hd:
du2.jpg

3. at the bottom of that, look directly to the right, youll see a few buttons:
repair permissions, verify permissions, etc. click repair permissions:
du.jpg

4. let it run its course, when its done, quit disk utility and restart your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.