quality of refurbished macbooks from apple store?

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a refurbished "black" MacBook from the Apple store.

What's the quality like on these? Are they "like new", or do they have physical evidence of being used?

Likely to have dead pixels or other technical problems?

Do Apple refurbs generally have lots of problems, or are they about as reliable as new ones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
No difference from brand new, other than they come in a plain brown box rather than the slick neat-o one you get new from the Apple store. Also come with the same 1 year warrantee.

I haven't bought a refurb Mac but I have bought refurb'ed iPods and they've been stellar with the same Apple quality one would expect.

OP
B
Reaction score
Cool.

For those who've bought refurbished models: do you know if they include OS X install media, or just what's already installed on the drive?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Purchasing a Refurbished Mac from Apple is almost like getting it brand new. New packaging, and everything that comes with a New Mac. I think they come in a plain box though instead of a normal Apple one.

Reaction score
I bought mine refurbished. Has OSX 10.5 installed on it, and looks/feels brand new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.