Network failure with iphone 3g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
I'm having the worst trouble with my iphone. I can't connect to the internet or my email when I'm on the att network. I can get internet when I am connected to a wifi, but still run into an email problem. I tried calling att and they really didn't know what was going on. Has anyone ran into this problem? No matter what my cell signal I get a "safari cannot open because it is unable to connect to the internet" when I use safari. And a message that reads "mail could not connect to mail.willamette.edu server" when I try and email. I've tried restoring it to factory settings but still no luck. I have a perfect cell signal and I'm still not able to access the internet or email on the network.

THe only thing that has changed between when I could do it and when I couldn't is we added an unlimited texting data plan to the family plan. Since we've added that, I've been unable to do any of these things but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a correlation.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
Got it figured out

Hey everyone, got it figured out. I guess when ATT added the text messaging, they accidentally canceled my data plan. Unfortunately, the guy I called didn't see that so I had to take it to the store. Didn't even know you could have data free iphone plans.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.