Call of Duty 4 serials?

Reaction score
hey all i was just wondering if you had any idea whether or not the serial for the pc version of call of duty will work for the mac one. i bought the game for pc about 6 months ago or so and now that the mac version is out i want to install it but don't want to pay again for another copy of the game

thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
My guess is no, since they are put out by two different companies as far as I am aware. The PC version is ActiVision and the Mac version is Aspyr. I think Aspyr probably pays for a licensing from ActiVision then ports it to the Mac. So due to agreements between the two I am sure the serials are different.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hey all i was just wondering if you had any idea whether or not the serial for the pc version of call of duty will work for the mac one. i bought the game for pc about 6 months ago or so and now that the mac version is out i want to install it but don't want to pay again for another copy of the game

thx.

Boot Camp! Parallels! Fusion! :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
wow, this is why I am not a proponent, their is no reason that these companies have to screw the people over for the same product when the game is virtually the same, absolutely a scam to the consumer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Stick with Windows for gaming. DX9-DX10 is a much better environment than open GL for games, it's honestly the only thing I think MS does 100% right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There's no new information to be added here. You're limited to the options set forth above. You can either play the game via Boot Camp, or you buy a Mac copy. The only option remaining, albeit one of very remote possibility, is calling up the company and asking if you can swap serials.

OP
W
Reaction score
From Aspyr:

"Hello Wes,

As far as I know the key work cross platform, so your PC key should work."

in case anyone else was interested ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
The problem is, how do you acquire a copy of the Mac version of the game without paying? You can use the key, but you still have to buy the Mac version in order to get the software. The only other way would be to download it (illegal) or to borrow from a friend ("less" illegal, perhaps, still violates EULA).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
If you have a real serial key, it shouldn't matter where you got the game disk from. The serial key is what you pay for.

Reaction score
Sorry for being paranoid

I'm sorry for posting so much stuff and possibly wasting space here, but I'm don't feel completely sure yet. Does anyone have experience in using a Call of Duty 4 PC serial for Mac, or vice versa? You've almost convinced me to the point of buying Call of Duty 4 PC just for the serial, but I don't have a PC, and I don't want to waste money on something I can't use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
wow, this is why I am not a proponent, their is no reason that these companies have to screw the people over for the same product when the game is virtually the same, absolutely a scam to the consumer.

It isn't virtually the same. Aspyr needs to pay their employees for the recoding of the game engine to OS X.

Reaction score
COD4 SERIAL: Mac -> PC

My brother gave me a PC serial key a long time ago and i recently switched to mac. I tried to use the PC serial key on a mac copy of COD4 and it works. Both Mac and PC copies of COD4 use the same code to generate keys. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.