Lightroom or aperture 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i am a design student and i plan on getting a MBP next semester. i have 2 questions what do most of you photographers use lightroom or aperture 2 and which do you prefer? i have been reading a lot on aperture and it seems like a kick butt program but i use all adobe stuff now on my PC lightroom would just be one more added program to my suite. thx in advance

also if anyone could answer the difference in a student license and a regular license for adobe CS4

i put this post in here b/c this is where all the photographers and digital artist are and i need their feedback. hope thats ok with the cwa107 and the other moderators.

Reaction score
I personally use Lightroom 2, I'm a professional photographer. The things you can do with Lightroom 2 are amazing (selective exposure, masking, etc). It's an awesome program. The only difference in a student license and a regular license is the price...they give you a discount for being a student.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
on the licensing i thought it would cause a issue if i decided to make money off using the product... thx

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
on the licensing i thought it would cause a issue if i decided to make money off using the product... thx

You wouldn't be making money of the product i.e. Lightroom (as that would be illegal) you would be making money of your photos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.