Slow mouse pointer at ACAD running on VMware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2,4Ghz 4Gb
Hi, it's my first post here so I hope to enjoy this forum.

I'm running windows through VMWare, as AutoCad Civil 3d 2008 on it, all is working fine, except from the mouse pointer at the work area, wich is almost twice slow as normal. At the menus it's ok...

Does anyone knows about what is happening?

VMware is working great, no problems...

But the main reason to have it is to run ACAD, so it's bad to work with this velocity afected.

Mauricio

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I hate to say it, but applications that require 3D acceleration are not going to run at normal levels under Fusion (or any virtualization software at the moment). Your best bet would be to install it in Windows within Boot Camp.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2,4Ghz 4Gb
sad about it..

yeah, have to recognize that may be true, after all would be too much to get 100% with a virtual machine...

Still hope to find a solution....

Reaction score
Hi!

I experienced the same problem, but things went better when I used the "unity" function in VMware. It's located at view >> enter unity. Hope this helps!

Grtz

Reaction score
We found a solution to this today for one of our users using Windows 7 in the newest version of VMWare Fusion. Hopefully it helps you all as well.

The user's cursor for AutoCAD 2010 was extremely slow within the workspace itself, but fine in the toolbar. We fixed it with these steps:

1) Go to Start > Control Panel
2) Go to System
3) Click Change Advanced Settings (or Advanced System Settings)
4) Click on the Advanced tab
5) Under the Performance section, click Settings
6) Uncheck "Enable desktop composition".

We re-enabled it and confirmed that this caused a significant decrease in performance.

Best of luck!

--
Michael Smitasin
Computing Services
School of Architecture & Allied Arts
University of Oregon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.