Console Gaming on my macbook

Reaction score
So I recently purchased the newer macbook, and all has been wonderful save for a few hitches in ichat.

As of now, the house I live in (though I'd use the word house lightly) has no TV. The people I live with don't want one and I completely understand. That high pitched noise will get to you.

Anyways, this essentially means I have no way of playing any console games at my current locale. This made me wonder if I could use my macbooc as a display for a console.

Results were leading to "no" until I stumbled across this: XLR8 XtraView

Assuming I'm reading correctly, it would allow me to hook up cables to my laptop and play through that?

I guess I want to know if anyone has any experience with it, as it's not cheap? And if not that, would there be any other way of using this screen for a console?

It would be nice to not invest in another monitor as I've been suggested. That in addition to buying a cheap TV wouldn't be very portable.

Any help is welcome and I'm always willing to elaborate if need be!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.