Ibook Broken Screen + Trying to get info from it...

M

Maley

Hi there,

New to the forum - so hello!

Anyway, my Ibook screen has just cracked and although, in the long run, i will have to replace it, i'm trying to get the info off my computer as i need it for work.

Can you plug in an external screen to the Ibook? If so, what do i need to do? My thinking was to display it on an external monitor, and then burn the relevant files i need onto CD.

I would welcome any help or feedback...

Cheers

Maley.

OP
V

vuschejan

Maley said:
Hi there,

New to the forum - so hello!

Anyway, my Ibook screen has just cracked and although, in the long run, i will have to replace it, i'm trying to get the info off my computer as i need it for work.

Can you plug in an external screen to the Ibook? If so, what do i need to do? My thinking was to display it on an external monitor, and then burn the relevant files i need onto CD.

I would welcome any help or feedback...

Cheers

Maley.

That would work. You would need the adapter that came with it, a monitor, power for that monitor, and the monitor cable. Then off you go!

OP
M

Maley

vuschejan said:
That would work. You would need the adapter that came with it, a monitor, power for that monitor, and the monitor cable. Then off you go!

Cheers for that.

I presume i need to change my settings in my preferences? Or does it just automatically kick in?

Can i do this with any monitor?

Cheers

Maley.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It should automatically kick in (at least a projector I once used did...)

Alternatively you could boot your iBook in firewire target mode and use a 2nd firewire equipped mac to copy your files that way.

But the 2nd monitor idea should work fine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.